Considering the importance of electing the best person as President of the United States, I find it very disturbing how arbitrary the entire election process was! Besides Donald Trump being uniquely unqualified for the job of POTUS, not to mention his habitual lying, total lack of respect the world over, his bankruptcies, rape charges and behavior unbecoming our most import and visible representative, – so much seemed left to chance:
1) What would the outcome have been without a third party player like Gary Johnson, who for some crucial states received more votes than the difference between Trump and Clinton?
2) What impact did voter suppression have? It is a fact that lines were longer, voting machines fewer and voting periods shorter in some predominantly Democratic areas. Voter intimidation may also have played a role, especially against minority groups and the disadvantaged, directly in line with what had been promoted by the Trump campaign beforehand!
3) Was there interference from foreign nations, like Russia, or tampering with voting machines here and there?
4) Hillary Clinton, Al Gore and Barack Obama all had more popular votes than their opposing candidates, while both Gore and Clinton lost out on Electoral votes, for various reasons. About time to abolish the Electorate, especially in a situation where the majority of voters wanted the far more qualified candidate?
5) Donald Trump has numerous lawsuits hanging over him, including the Trump University scandal to begin later this month, besides dozens more.
6) What was the impact of FBI Director James Comey’s e-mail interference during the last few days before the election?
7) What was the impact of Donald Trump’s sudden Bible waving, claiming that book was even better than his own, – which someone else wrote? That mock act had an instant impact on the evangelicals, who flocked to Trump, while conveniently ignoring his utterly immoral life.
8) What if Trump’s tax returns had been revealed, as has been customary?
All-in-all, way too arbitrary election for the most important office in the world, – for which Hillary Clinton would have been elected if it hadn’t been for the electoral college! About time to abolish it!